A bear cub stares back on New Jersey's Rattlesnake Swamp Trail. I drove up to the Kittatinny Mountains in North Jersey every year to look for bears. But on this visit, I walked for hours one morning without luck. Then I heard a cub's mewl and suddenly there were two cubbies playing with their mom in a distant glen. The cover was too thick to get pics, but I was able to watch the relaxed bears play for a long time before they wandered off. After a while, I continued down the trail. When I looked behind me, I saw this little cub staring back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tierra del Fuego
Tierra del Fuego, the land of fire, is found at the southern tip of Chile and Argentina. I was very excited to see this rugged place for mys...
-
Spotted hyenas are bold and powerful apex predators that have fired our imaginations for generations. They have lived alongside people for m...
-
Waking from a long nap, a Weddell seal looks around a rocky beach in the South Orkney Islands of Antarctica. No other mammal lives as far ...
-
Meet Ohio's prairie dog, the thirteen-lined ground squirrel. This little baby is so tiny! About the size of a salt-and-pepper shaker, al...

No comments:
Post a Comment