Monday, June 17, 2024

Taking it slow

 

The world moves at a slower pace when you are a three-toed sloth. Sloths spend most of the day sleeping and digesting leaves.

🦥🦥🦥




When camouflage is your best friend, it pays to take things slow. Sloth fur has a green tinge from algae, helping them blend in with tree branches and the forest canopy.



Finding sloths was not easy in the thick leaves. And when sloths are sleeping, which is most of the time, they disappear in the branches. I photographed a dozen sleepy sloths until I found one on the move.



Sloths may be slow but they are agile climbers. Mom scratches hard-to-reach places while her baby reclines on a branch after a rainstorm.



Sloths stay in the canopy, moving from tree to tree across the high branches where possible. Photographing one eye to eye was a treat.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Tierra del Fuego

Tierra del Fuego, the land of fire, is found at the southern tip of Chile and Argentina. I was very excited to see this rugged place for mys...